English Language Challenges

I think that is really good that english is a compulsory subject at university level. Having completed these classes during covid, it was harder to maintain the motivation as there were no in-person interactive classes. Instead of the use of blogs, I would have preferred one long writing task, that i could write about any topic that i chose, which would benefit my career more. On the other hand, blogs were also helpful as i had to think about the questions and therefore expand my knowledge of english as a whole, instead of using specific language that i would only use in my career.  I think speaking english is my weakest skill, in this respect, because i mostly hear it and write it instead of actually practicing the accent and having actual conversations. In order to improve this, i ask my cousin for help during our phone calls, and also am currently trying to repeat english lyrics and spoken words on netflix or in songs. 

I am currently speaking english with my cousin whenever I can, and it is very helpful when watching television and listening to music, meaning i can relate better to the feelings when i am listening. I have found it is also very helpful when I am doing research for university, as i can find lots of interesting texts that are in english. 




Comments